Saturday, June 12, 2010

9 days until we meet :)


i am a reader of blogs, notsomuch a writer.

but you gathered that by now :)

we received TA about 10 days ago and we finally have travel dates! it is so fun to be at this stage of the journey. ming, i have written your last letter and pray it arrives next week. all i can do now is keep praying for God to give you the peace and joy that only He can give.

for a long time, i have used two main words to describe God because to me they sum up all His attributes that i love about Him. because He is impossible to grasp and describe and understand in human terms, i boiled it down to two words -- amazing and mysterious. and yesterday, i smiled when i saw 'mist' in 'misterious'. thank you janet for your comment on the last post :)

(and thank you sandra too - i have tried hard to track down a way to contact you and can't. i am sooo happy about your upcoming adoption! i hope you read this and know how much your comments here and to phoebe have meant to me....)

Lord willing, our gotcha day is june 21st. which just happens to be our 25th wedding anniversary. i still chuckle when i think of what our preacher said when i told him this.... i said, "not too many people can say they are still having kids on their 25th anniversary." and his reply, "not too many would want to." that cracks me up! it is fun to be abi-normal :)

and the day abigail becomes a US citizen? fourth of july! is this girl special or what?

6 comments:

  1. wow. words fail me. wow.
    It's time.
    Abigail is special;
    so are you and your family.
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic news! And I just love how God has arranged all the dates to coordinate with other special days. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOA and travel dates! Cause for celebration! Your Abigail is beautiful! Love your preacher's comments ;0)

    Please email me at sanweese@yahoo.com
    I'll reply and send you an invite to my private blog. Saw you as a follower on my 2nd blog (not really a blog, just created by mistake and used to learn how to add designs.) We need to keep in touch!

    Sigh, just 9 days, so exciting!!! Incredibly happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our waiting daughter (Bai Sui Pei, age 8) is at Guangzhou orphanage with your daughter Abigail.
    Please check out our blog (her updated photo is on the Homepage) in case you see her (we will travel from July 2-15) Her birthday is June 25 and we will miss it (due to the Dragon Boat Festival) I emailed you a message today.
    www.asisterforxiaohua.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what wonderful news!!! Thanks for the update! I've been waiting to hear when you would be travelling. How special that your Gotcha day will be your anniversary. I told my DH and he said we could have the same situation (if our TA comes quickly) as our anniversary in 7/31.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey sista
    So excited for you girl!! what a reunion this will be :O)- just last year we were looking at her on the computer - I just ran across photos I took of our China family all gather in my kitchen watching Abigail :O).. I am just overjoyed at God and his blessings to your family!
    cant wait to hug your neck- and meet your newest daughter
    much love Jill
    www.2princes2princesses.blogspot.com
    and the crew

    ReplyDelete